Raleigh, NC 27604
CCS is seeking Electrical Estimator' s in the Raleigh NC area.
To apply please click the link below!
The Electrical Estimator is responsible for the study, evaluation and understanding of project plans, designs and specifications. Identifies project resources required for the project based on the scope of work. Generates estimates for the cost of labor, material, equipment, and subcontractors; where appropriate, delegates to purchasing agents. Obtains multiple bids from vendors and subcontractors; assists in contract negotiations. Works with internal team and potential client to create the most competitive project proposal or bid. During the Estimator’ s workload “ down-time,” supports the Project Managers by estimating Change Orders and assisting other Estimators with their current estimate work-load.
• Client Relations Functions:
- Attend Pre-Bid Meetings to understand the project’ s intent to achieve the Owner’ s requirements. As well as, to determine the extent of possible required demolition scope of work in an existing building that would remain in place and to determine how the existing building systems will connect with the new project.
- Prepare “ Request For Information” (RFI) to identify conflicts in the Bid Documents and/or clarifications to provide the appropriate direction in developing the correct cost to accomplish the
Client’ s expected scope of work to complete their electrical requirements.
- Assisting with lead follow-ups and referrals from field activity concerning future opportunities; along with following up with submitted electrical proposals to understand the status of the bid evaluation.
• Estimating: o Able to read & comprehend specifications and multiple trade drawings to understand the full spectrum of what the electrical requirements will be for a project.
- Develop itemized costs for projects through Construction Systems’ breakdowns by computer generated counts & take-offs by utilizing Accu-bid, Enterprise software; along with, Live Count Plan Viewer. o Estimates equipment, human resources, cost of project, and materials required to complete each project.
- Create quantitative counts to develop a Bill of Material letter for submitting to Suppliers &
Subcontractors to receive quotes concerning the project’ s specified required products and/or services.
- Navigate through Clients’ plan room Websites to download revised bid documents when notified that Addendums, Amendments, and/or Clarifications are posted.
- Coordinate with other estimators to assign estimating tasks to complete an estimate during a “ crunched” time frame to meet the client’ s deadline.
- Mark-up drawings and documents utilizing Bluebeam Revu 2016 to provide detail notes to submit to the Architect/Engineer Team in RFI format and/or to inform the Project Manager what the Estimator’ s take-off intent was concerning the project specifics.
- Assist in the development of the electrical scope letter that will evolve into the final electrical proposal.
Frequent contact with management, vendors, team members, and clients.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• A “ Team” oriented mind set to assist other collogues meet their deadlines. Meaning, this candidate would be considered the “ Lead” estimator on a project, but would not be the “ Lead” estimator on another project and this candidate would be expected to function according to the project’ s need to finish.
• Capable to ask questions to other team members and/or management when not sure of something.
• Ability to communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully.
• Understanding and knowledge of Internet, Intranet, Extranet, and client / server structures.
• Knowledge of Estimating Software – Accubid Enterprise & Live Count Plan Viewer
• Knowledge of different types of building construction, materials, and methods.
• Knowledge of building codes and electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related codes.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Exhibit initiative, responsibility, and flexibility.
• Problem solving skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to interact with customers and co-workers in a professional manner.
• General understanding of MS Office software, primarily Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Attention to detail.
• Must have 4+ years of experience as an Electrical Construction Estimator in the Multi-Family Market (Large apartment/condo mixed use projects) with light commercial experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This candidate must speak English fluently with an understanding of the Spanish (Latin America) language.
Work is frequently performed in inside an office building. Level of noise is usually quiet in work environment.