Assistant Project Manager
Greenville, SC 29601
CCS Construction is seeking an Assistant Project Manager in the Greenville SC area.
GENERAL - DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Support to Superintendent as well as Management Team
- Regular and Professional interactions with Client and Subcontractor teams.
- Be self-motivated and manage “ To-Do List” without constant follow up from other members of Management Team.
- Utilize organization and be attentive to details in all aspects of day to day operations.
PREBID - DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review plans thoroughly and prepare accurate scopes for bid department to utilize for bid solicitation from sub-contractors. APM to review, and deliver completed PM information sheet to Bid Department for bid solicitation no later than the end of the following day after plans are received in the office.
- Receive and answer sub-contractor questions regarding scopes of each trade to help ensure subcontractors are preparing complete/accurate bids.
- Submit RFC’ s to design team, receive the clarifications and distribute to appropriate subcontractor(s), when scope of work is unclear in the project documents provided to us.
- Professionally represent the company at pre-bid meetings as directed by PM.
- Obtain material pricing for project specific GC procured materials that need to be included in bids.
On Bid Day
- Track down missing bids from required and critical subcontractor trades.
- Qualify subcontractor bids / scopes via phone and provide information to PM.
- Review mall information, enter bid dollar amounts and details of the mall info into the correct locations in the bid spreadsheet.
- Review subcontractor bids, enter bid dollar amounts and details of particular bids into the correct locations in the bid spreadsheets for that project, to aid PM in preparing bids for client projects.
- Receive completed bid spreadsheets from PM, complete client bid forms, and submit to client (PC can also do this task).
PRE-AWARD / PRE-CONSTRUCTION - DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist PM with completing client Q&A / qualifications, as well as submitting revised bids to client.
- Assist PM with generating subcontractor Q&A forms, including complete and accurate scopes of work for each applicable trade and specific to each project.
- Work with Project Coordinator as needed to collect completed QA’ s, and revised bids (when applicable) from subcontractors.
- Review QA’ s / revised bids for completeness and accurateness, identify issues, and correct prior to submitting to PM for review and award.
- Send contracts to be issued to Accounting, including getting proper subcontractor contact information.
- Assist PM with identifying “ holes” in bid / trades that need to be filled, and engage PC/Bid Dept. to seek and find subcontractors
- Utilize same approach where there may be opportunity to capitalize on the best value of pricing and completeness of scope.
- Review/download shop drawings in toolbox – look for anything missing.
- Drop on server for PC to send with Super notebook and upload to Procore
- Send out intro email to client vendors
- Touch base with Super before job start to go over basic job info and answer any questions
- Set up Utility accounts
- Professionally represent the company at preconstruction meetings as directed by PM.
DURING CONSTRUCTION - DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with subcontractors to ensure that long lead items are procured immediately upon award, and also continue to follow up so as to track said items until arrival at site. (for subs e.g. duct work/curb adapters, special flooring, etc., and OFI e.g. alucobond, brake metal)
- Provide support to Superintendents via phone and email. Have mobile phone in possession and turned on when not in the office (during reasonable hours).
- Submit RFI’ s to design team, follow up until responses are received, and distribute responses to all involved parties immediately upon receipt.
- Seek and collect any resulting change orders
- Distribute/Post any resulting revised plan pages (Procore)
- Resolve all issues with GC and owner provided materials throughout the course of construction. Includes shipping/delivery issues, damages, insufficient quantities, incorrect items, etc. Requires ability to read & understand vendor shop drawings. Ensure all issues are resolved in a timely manner as to not delay construction.
- Change orders: collect all backup and write CO descriptions for PC to enter CO into Toolbox and Procore
- Electronic file on server noting affected trades to seek to ensure nothing is missed
- Determine if FA panel is tied into LL panel, or if client will require their own monitoring.
- If monitoring is required, reach out to appropriate vendor to set that up (this will require time for them to obtain a PO and schedule)
- Collect required information and documentation (FA telephone numbers, submittals, including panel info, zone list, store contacts)
- Coordinate monitoring takeover between vendor and our sub
- Assist Super as needed with any specialized equipment ordering required
- Assist PM and Superintendents to coordinate, manage and schedule sub-contractors to perform contracted work as needed and without delays.
- Upon direction from PM, provide notification to subcontractors of failure to perform through written / official correspondence.
- Request, receive, review and submit sub-contractor submittals.
- Takeoff of GC procured materials and place orders with suppliers.
- Identify and order long lead items directly after project award
- Coordinate with owner vendors: communicate needs, schedule with Super, ensure permits are obtained and inspections are completed if necessary
- Identify any special inspection requirements (LA State FM inspection, TAS inspection, etc.). Ensure inspections are coordinated in required timeframe and required documents are onsite for Superintendent at time of inspection (LA State FM: C of C from Arch, approved plans)
- Ensure punchlist is being completed in a timely manner; do final closeout of all punch items (after Super)
- Complete weekly PowerPoint Reports, distribute to client (Super completes data for reports and sends pics)
- Check in with Super on Inspection/Closeout process and ensure we are meeting schedule sequence/obligations
- Assist with distribution and collection of completed MEP checklists from MEP subcontractors prior to project substantial completion.
- Ensure TAB report is completed on time and thoroughly, submit to Toolbox
- Complete TCS checklist, return and schedule install
- Make sure material is ordered and delivered by consolidator prior to scheduled install
- Prior to Substantial Completion, connect with team to ensure all CO’ s are captured
- Assist Superintendents with scheduling final inspections / managing the C of O process to ensure C of O acquired by the project substantial completion date.
- Professionally represent the company at progress site visits, as well as punch walk / turnover meetings as directed by PM.
POST CONSTRUCTION - DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all outstanding issues are resolved.
- Ensure TCS commissioning is uploaded to Toolbox and approved
- Ensure TAB is approved by Gap Engineering
- Work with Project Coordinator and Administrative Assistant as needed to review warranty / maintenance requests, and locate original subcontractor, or other qualified Superintendent or Technician to remedy the deficient item(s) in a timely manner.
PREFERED CHARACTER STRENGTHS / ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive Attitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to multitask, and prioritize responsibilities
- Strong ability to follow up, and see tasks thru to full completion
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Outlook
- Smart Bid