Electrical Quality Control Specialist
11600 9th St N Saint Petersburg, Florida 33716
We are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Quality Control Specialist for a full time, direct hire position in the Tampa, FL area. Please see below for job description and qualifications.
- Conduct job site inspections to provide support by observing and report the quality of the installation, control measuring and compliance to the contract specifications as well as construction codes. This includes work of company employees and monitoring subcontractor work in the same way.
- · Perform system verification on completed systems to assure correct installation per design specifications.
- · Provide notifications to project team and corporate regarding findings, solutions, responsible party and deadlines for correction.
- · Interact with project manager and teams daily and encourage the implementation of corporate quality control processes.
Skills / Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Must be available to travel 50% of time
- At least 6 years in construction/ quality control for similar facilities (construction installations on large, commercial buildings.)
- Ability to act as a specialist in quality control, keeping up with changes in the industry and updating staff as well as corporate for any necessary procedural updates.
- Quality Control training is required.
- Working knowledge of rough units, walking decks, electrical rooms, NEC/ FHA Codes
- · Working knowledge of regulatory agency requirements as it pertains to quality control.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents (contracts/subcontracts, purchase documents, plans and specifications.)Proven ability to supervise, communicate and lead project personnel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Construction claims experience is a plus.
- Must have OSHA 10 at minimum
- Journeyman license preferable, but not required
Relocation will be provided for those who qualify.