VP of Construction
We are currently searching for an experienced construction management professional for a Vice President of Construction role in the Wilmington, Delaware area. Job is available to start immediately. This individual is responsible for providing direction of the day-to-day operations of the Construction Division implementing plans and policies to achieve overall corporate objectives and insuring profitability.
Please see below for responsibilities and requirements.
· Responsible for Business Management of construction division to include: the monitoring of costs analysis activities and maintain a positive financial position and overall profit/loss status of division
· Organize and develop the business and organization in alignment with company goals and objectives.
· Establish and implement corporate policies, procedures, and organizational structure for the Construction Division.
· Develop and implement a complete comprehensive project management system for all projects to include budgets, project schedules, and procurement of contracts to complete construction projects on time and within budget.
· Report to management performance of construction projects to include status and future trends of each construction project as compared to budget and schedule; discuss necessary changes in goals or objectives.
· Plan, staff, and supervise all division activities through subordinate managers to insure coordination and efficiency of entire construction division.
· Responsible for contract activities associated with business line to include negotiation, preparation and management of business contracts; monitor contract performance.
· Coordinate with managers and supervisors to establish and implement production and quality control standards.
· Ensure quality construction and compliance with plans and specifications.
· Ensure all operations and finance comply with federal, state, local and/or company policies and regulations.
· Provide advice, guidance, and direction to subordinate managers toward their professional development while developing and maintaining a competent business unit.
· Ensure employees and managers have required safety training and are consistently working in a safe manner.
· Facilitate an environment of trust, teamwork, and accountability.
· Assume additional responsibilities as required by the operating needs of the company or as directed by the President
Requires four year technical or business administration degree, advanced degree preferred, with extensive experience (20+ years) in the management of construction companies. Advanced knowledge of the construction industry and company operations required. Advanced knowledge of financial operations, marketing, and employee relations required. Must possess excellent organizational, leadership, communication, and analytical skills.
Please apply for immediate consideration.